Originally Posted By: Redonthehead
I did not have the means to treat all of the exposed mud. If I had slipped off my pallet trail I may not have made it out of there. The last couple of pallets disappeared on me.

Would the lime have killed the lotus even it it was still dormant - under the mud? there wasn't any green showing but has just started coming up. so the hy-lime will kill all the plant life too?

yes, the stirred up silt settled out within a couple of hours, to the point most of the dead fish were covered with a layer of it.

If I decide to do treat my other small pond that is choked with weeds I may skip the effort to drain it and pump a bunch of lime into it. what rate of HL to cubic foot of water do you suggest?

For complete sterilization, I use at least 400# per acre foot of water, but you could go much higher too.....lower rates may not get you the desired results if not mixed and applied very well. You can use your trash pump with the outlet reduced down to a hose barb, and attach a 50' 3/4" water hose to spray the basin....waders, patience, and endurance are needed to slog through the soft mud and muck.