Well we are past the big hump. Most fry are now 10mm in size and are feeding well on brine shrimp. I would normally siphon off the hatched shrimp from the eggs when feeding. This would keep the brood tanks much cleaner. What I have found is that giving the shrimp 24 hours to hatch I am pouring the whole container through a fine mesh net. From there we are spooning the shrimp and un hatched eggs into the tanks. The eggs that have not hatched are soft enough from the salt brine to hatch in the next 6 hours in the brood tanks.

This is giving the young much smaller shrimp over all to eat. We have gotten past the big hump now where we are loosing only 5-10 per day.

There is a noticeable difference in the fry that had warmer water temps when the ribbon was still in the tank. I think they may be more defects from the warmer water because those fry tanks have the most of bottom dwelling fry. They are not dying but they are not swimming using the whole tank like the fry that had cooler temps longer with the ribbons. At first I thought they were over eating and sinking but I am thinking more like defects from to hot of temps right at the end before hatching.

All in all for our first crack at hatching perch fry I am very pleased with our shot. The kids love going out to feed them.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.