Welcome to posting on the forum!!

I'd lean towards the 50/50 mix to hedge my bet so to speak. If you stock female bass, they have to be of a size that they can spawn, and sexed in the Spring when they have eggs/milt. The only way to reliably sex LMB is to use a catheter during that time and know for sure what's inside. Then you have to make sure your forage base is of the correct fish size and amount to support adult LMB.

Usually (at least around here) LMB of that size are raised on pellets, so it would be good to have a feeding program in place on the lake. While not 100% necessary (pellet trained fish will also eat forage fish), it would help ensure that they transition from the tank to the lake smoothly. I'm talking about the large 1 year to 2 year old female fish.

If you stock only female bass, what is your LMB restocking plan for the future?

If Florida strain LMB will flourish in your area, I'd possibly consider stocking them instead of the F1's. That way when it comes to spawning time you will have F1's instead of F2's.

Last edited by esshup; 04/14/17 08:15 AM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).