Originally Posted By: RAH
I believe the primary job of the government should be to protect us from other people, not ourselves. People should not be protected from their own stupidity. We should have the right to be stupid as long as it does not hurt others.

Manufacturers hate to be sued. Some manufacturers actually hire very intelligent people to sit around trying to think of ways their customers will misuse their product and to protect them when that happens. At the end of the day, many customers still come up with ways to either use the equipment for an unintended purpose or defeat the safety features designed in to protect them. If someone gets seriously hurt, there is most always a liability attorney waiting to sue the manufacturer on behalf of the injured party. Big settlement means cost increase to the other folks. I am just thankful that McDonald’s coffee now comes with a warning label stating coffee is hot.

Edit:

I toned this post down a good bit but hopefully the point comes across. Pretty much any injury that occurs because a safety feature was intentionally defeated hurts other people in one way or another.

Last edited by Bill D.; 04/02/17 07:38 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!