I moved the diffusers back to deeper water, after a winter spent in the shallows. Actually, never ran the system at all this past winter. Don't believe that's ever happened before. As I'm motoring them back out deep, the air line broke off at the diffuser manifold, so that necessitated a trip to the dock and a repair. While I had them high and dry I fired up the compressor and found a couple more annoyances, one being that the pump wouldn't start. A flip of the motor cured that issue, and it restarted several more times with no further issue. It appears sitting idle all winter didn't agree with it.

The second issue revolved around the membranes being severely plugged up. To the point that replacement is in order. I think I will move away from the high dollar membranes, and substitute replacement by less expensive diffusers every couple years. Ideally, I would replace them before placement, but I was counting on the aeration to help distribute the dye I also planned to add yesterday. So down they went, with the full knowledge that they will be coming back up in a week or two.

Put the dye in, no issues there thank goodness.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.