I have about a 1 acre pond in North Texas that I can't seem to get in line with my goals. I would love to be able to go out and catch 3-5lb LMB/CC/HSB regularly ... and have the option to catch CNBG faster than we can get a hook in the water. Not looking for any trophies, just consistent action with decent sized fish. Maybe that's asking too much for a 1 acre pond?

What I have is very muddy water full of bullheads and carp. We had the pond dug 3 years ago, and immediately stocked it with FHM, CNBG, RES, CC, and LMB. I have consistently added more CNBG a few times a year since, and last year I added some HSB. I was hoping by now we would be able to catch some fairly nice fish. I've never seen any HSB, and I can't catch a LMB to save my life. I can catch a bullhead or carp any time i throw a worm in the water. Last year the water had some visibility, and we actually did catch a few LMB. This year the water hasn't gotten better than 6" of visibility.

The pond has a large watershed with other ponds above it. The bullheads and carp come from the other ponds during large rain events. So, draining and starting over is useless. I can't stay ahead of the trash fish, and I'm fairly certain they are the reason my pond is staying so muddy. Can LMB/HSB survive in these conditions? Is there anything I can do to force the pond more in line with my goals? Seining is difficult b/c of steep banks and structure. I've read on here about throwing out a trashcan with a hole in the lid and some bait to start pulling out bullheads. Any other ideas or suggestions?