It has been suggested that we start a topic where we can all share some cooking secrets and recipes.
I will start out with a few of my favorites.

Italian Fish
chop up the following:
fresh garlic
3-4 green onions
1 red bell pepper
handfull of fresh mushrooms

squeeze fresh lemons all over your filets and season them with OLD BAY, set aside in a bowl for now.

heat some extra virgin olive oil in a skillet, throw in your crush fresh garlic and we like pine nuts so I throw them in too. Cook this for a few minutes until the garlic is starting to turn color alittle bit. Then lay a stick of real butter in the skillet. When the butter is melted, bring on the rest of the stuff that you chopped up. When the mushrooms start to turn color and cook down some then lay your fish fillets in the skillet. I probably cook them for about 5-7 minutes on each side. I don't turn them but once, so they won't fall apart. and I use a wide spatchala to turn them. How long to cook depends on the thickness of the fillet and how hot your cooking so just watch them and you will figure it out. Now while the fish is cooking I will squeeze another fresh lemon on them and sometimes if available I will pour alittle white wine in the skillet.
Meantime while all this is going on I cook a big pot of angel hair pasta. The wife makes a salad and I also have some garlic bread heading for the oven. I put the angel hair pasta on a plate and then the fish and juice on top. I crack some black pepper on top and then some fresh grated parmassan cheese. If you want to kick it up a notch you can even grate some pepper jack cheese on top too.
This is as good a meal as you will get at any 5 star restuarant. I have cooked this for lots of friends and it blew them away. And it really ain't that hard. The OLD BAY seasoning is important and if you don't have any or haven't ever heard of it then they have a website that you can order from. It's good for other things too like boiled shrimp and crawfish. It's a must for any cook to have in his tool box.

Fried Fish
Many ways to do and they all taste different.
My favorite.
Cut the fillets in small pieces, place in a bowl, squeeze some Frenchs mustard on them then slower add beer, stir and continue until you get the mixture where it's not runny but not pasty. Then I roll them in LOUSIANNA FISH FRY (blue bag)
Then immediately into the hot grease.

Baked Fish
Marinate the fillets in Zesty Italian salad dressing (10 minutes or 10 hours it don't matter)
Place them in some kind of cooking pan. Crumble up Lay's Potatoe chips on top and bake them at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, then open the oven and put cheese on top. ( I usually use Velveeta)
but use your favorite. Now if you wanna kick this up a notch, use Lay's potatoe chips that are the flavored kind like bacon and onion or something. Finish cooking until the cheese is melted. Eat this with a good salad and your favorite vegetables.

Grilled Fish
When you fillet some of those 12-14" bass, leave the skin and scales on. Lay that side down on the grill and they will grill so pretty.
I use different things on the fillets. OLD BAY, fresh lemon, and mix me up some butter and garlic to brush on them. lot's of things a person can use. I like to make up some rice pilaf and fresh peas (purple hull or cream)to go with them.

Anybody hungry yet ? I'm starving typing all this stuff up. If this topic takes off then I will come back in later and throw some more things out. If you have any questions, let me know and if you try some of this and like it, I would appreciate the feedback.