So Dave had a drought, and we wanted to help get him restarted once his pond filled back up. The CNBG I took to Dave were directly stocked in the brood pond on 03-11-2013 by Overton's Fisheries. I assume they were from a late 2012 spawn, and the brood pond was drained and seined prior to their stocking.

We set up a cage, and the CNBG were being pulled by hook and line, and each and every CNBG that went into that cage was visually inspected while in hand. The CNBG that weren't selected, went directly into the big pond.

On 06-19-15, we seined the pond and hand selected the biggest and most colorful CNBG to go in the cage. The CNBG hit Dave's pond on 06-20-2015. Most of the males were +-8", and the females were +-7". We selected larger fish because we wanted them spawning immediately, and survive any possible predation. Best I could tell, the mix was 40/60% male to female. The male to female ratio was a little skewed, but we did that to get more numbers of larger catchable (read recreational) males. That should presently put those fish at around 4 1/2 yo.

Not sure if anybody else has, but I've been to both George's and Dave's ponds, and the body coloration I'm seeing in the posted picture is very reminiscent of George's fish. Regardless of the lineage, that's just a beautiful fish.

As a side note, I've started seeing multiple CNBG with red tails, and fin tipping. We've never seen those here before, and I only found one picture of a red tailed CNBG, and that was from an Overton's picture dated 2007. Nothing surprises me anymore when dealing with CNBG.

AL