Tony, I have no hybrids other than a very small # of GSF in this pond. I essentially had to start over a couple of years ago after a 5 year drought. 1.5 acres became a 1/4 acre mud hole with some small bass and some BG(probably a couple of GSF). Then the floods came and it filled. I restocked with about 500 small 2 or 3inch BG, 5 pounds of fatheads and a dozen 4 inch HSB. I have never stocked an actual HBG in it. Alan brought some of his mature CNBG girls and boys. The pedigree on that fish would probably be George to Overton to Allen to me. No fish of that size or color were in my pond until Al dumped them in.

I figure Josh's hand is about my size, maybe a little shorter. My hand measures 8 inches from the wrist to fingertips. I'm guesstimating that fish at approximately 15 or so inches and possibly 2 pounds. Biggest I've ever seen and I did nothing special or even talented for it to happen.

I went there yesterday to check on things and fish a little. I caught 4 awfully big yellowish bluegills, actually CNBG, but they weren't as big as that. Actually, other than a monster Green Sunfish, I doubt that I've ever had a 9 inch BG of any kind in it.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 03/26/17 10:38 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP