Josh is a young man(18 YOA) who hunts and fishes continually and is good at both. He, my Grandson Trevor, and a couple of girls went to my place last week for a day of fishing, shooting and 4 wheeling. This was caught using Stubby Steves for bait.

The fish came either last year or the year before from Allen Hall. When we finally got rain, he brought about 125 CNBG's from his ponds in East Texas. Some of those fish went 8 inches or so. This one looks to be pushing 2 pounds so have done well. I'm feeding Optimal but am nowhere close to heavily feeding. In a 1.5 acre pond, I generally feed about 5 seconds per day. However, over the winter I don't feed and just started again about a month ago.

I tried some Stubby Steves yesterday and caught a lot more bluegills than usual. And, none swallowed the hook. A couple that I got yesterday would have pushed 11 to 12 inches. Those Stubbies have been in my refrigerator for about 5 years. I had forgotten about them but the guys found them. I need to order some more.

Al, thanks for the fish.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 03/26/17 08:06 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP