Originally Posted By: N.TexasHalfAcre
Yes, that is a willow. Grow crazy fast. I have large (30 feet tall) willow trees all around my pond that I would like to cut down but the wife won't let me. If it was further out in your pond and provided a little bit of cover for your fish I would say leave it for a while but being almost completely out of the water I would cut it down. I have been told that a willow tree can suck up 100 gallons of water a day.

Thanks, the willow is gonna end up being removed. Hopefully i can pull it out otherwise it's getting cut and sprayed.

Originally Posted By: farmallsc
Enjoying your thread and pictures. I can't tell you what to do about the willows, but I can tell you if left unchecked, willows will grow like wildfire. I have them all around my pond and a few of them are 30' tall.

Thanks! I'm kinda using this thread as a log for me. It helps with everyones input and i can track the dates i post.

So the last pictures were from last weekend. These are from yesterday. It's hard to tell from the pictures but I'm almost down 1' from full pool or the highest i've seen it. You can really tell the difference because there is a lot more muskgrass that is touching the surface now.

I'm making it out there about once every 5 days to at least check on it and see what has changed. I have been traveling a lot for work lately and it doesn't look like it'll be slowing down so actual work on the land & pond is going to be minimal.