Just a thought on to why I didn't really push myself to renew the subscription a while back: My pond is only a small one, and I am more or less stuck with what I have. Budget and time limits and all... Some questions I run into are pretty easy to answer on the pond apart from getting the koi out of it (which incidentally a top-end aquarium store wants to fish them out and sell them!)

So to me at least, I would be more interested in a broader-scope publication that includes more land stewardship. For example my wife and I try to strike a balance between wildlife habitat, small-scale farming for the food cupboard, and other various things you do with a decent chunk of land (big for us at least).

What still draws me to the forums is looking at the pictures other people share of their ponds. It is a nice escape of being surrounded with electronics at work, and gets me dreaming of warmer weather and being outside. I also enjoy sharing in any help I can provide when I can.

I would be more apt to subscribe if it also came with a free forum membership, where the forum would cost a little less if you didn't wish to purchase the magazine. I would also be even more apt to subscribe if it covered product reviews on maintenance equipment, humor columns, and continues with the short stories. You now, bathroom fodder. Also a monthly owner property pond themed photography contest would be nice, where the winners would get published.

Just some thoughts.