I want to put my 2 cents out there just for something to chew on. I've been studying on this for a few days. I've read quite a bit about Optimal and most everything I read is positive. At the moment I'm feeding Cargill 4512 and my fish are eating every crumb, but to be honest, the list of ingredients were a bit vague and I'm not sure where the protein comes from. I've been seriously considering switching to Optimal.

Looking from my point of view, I plan on eating my fish and I want the highest quality of feed I can get. If I was feedinging them solely for the pleasure of feeding, I might view it a little different.

I also considered all the information lately on pet food. I had to research what I give my pets throughly and make the best decision I could. I don't trust factories these days for my food let alone my pets, but we've all got to eat, so we make the best decision on what information is available.

What I've been trying to say is, consider more than price when looking at anything.