Got the overflow pipe installed in my old pond. Last December, just before heading for our winter stomping grounds, I did get a chance right before we left to install the overflow pipe that I had said I chickened out on in the above post.

Just got back and someone had ask for some pictures of the refurbished old pond after raising the dam, so below are some new pictures I just took.

Normally we would have had enough rain over the winter to fill the pond. But since we only had a couple rains that produced a minimal amount of runoff, the water level is still below full pool a foot or so. But the island in the middle is just barely visible where in the pictures in the above post it raises a foot or so above water at the old pond level full pool. Will post some more pictures when it gets to full pool. Been a dry winter.

The post above has pictures of raising and extending the dam. These pictures are after I installed the 8" schedule 40 sewer pipe and filled in the area where the earthen overflow had been and extended the dam appropriately. The emergency overflow is now basically both sides of the pond, which is about 8" above full pool. In other words, when the pipe is running full, the water will start around the dam on both sides for the emergency outlet of excess water. I made the emergency so close to the overflow pipe level to get what I felt was the maximum water level available.

Picture where old overflow area was

Attached Images
IMGA2062.JPG IMGA2063.JPG IMGA2064.JPG IMGA2065.JPG
Last edited by snrub; 04/02/17 08:31 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine