I've recently bought property with a pond that is just under an acre by shoreline, but I have some 12' to 15' pockets and my average depth is easily 7'. The pond is fed by two very healthy springs and pushes about 400 gallons an hour through the siphon. In the fall I used Arkansas Pondstockers to add 800 Bluegill (fingerlings), 200 Redear (fingerlings), 2 grass carp and 10lbs of minnows. I would like to add my large mouth population in the late Spring to early Summer.

I have been lurking on Pond Boss for sometime and ran across the idea of a self sustaining shrimp population. I'm curious if you guys think I have missed the shrimp stocking opportunity now that the bream have been introduced? Also, SCDNR will not allow the use of the PK shrimp, but mentioned I could use the native riverine grass shrimp P. paludosus for stocking. I have struck out everywhere I have turned looking for a supplier. I was hopeful some of you might have ideas. Also I'm curious of any other SC ponds on the Pond Boss Forum.