I grew up in an Illinois county (St. Clair) that was/is loaded with personal damage attorneys....and a couple of them are my friends (scary I know). They have always told us to dramatically limit the number of people we allow to go fishing at our place on their own (we do) and to never, ever allow their kids to ride our ATVs, motorcycles, Polaris', etc. They would tell you that if somebody gets hurt, in many cases, no matter how well you know them they will still sue....and that comes from their own experiences.

You just have to strictly control access or it can quickly get out of hand. It always amazes me that people who fished there with someone we know will later call us on their own and ask to fish or assume they can just show up and fish. We have had to tell many people "no" over the years but do have a core group that fishes the BOWs and knows and follows the rules.

We share our place with family and friends, and we like to do that, but there has to be some limits and the people using the place have to understand and follow the rules.

My two cents for what it is worth. BM61.