Do you guys ever have this problem?

When I invite friends/family to come out to the property it almost always leads to a growing list of additional visitors.

My worst experience was one guy asked to come fish, after I said yes, he then said "do you mind if I bring my brother?", I said "sure", then the next day he said "do you mind if my dad tags along too"...sure no problem. By the time Saturday arrived and all the guys, wives, cousins, and kids kept arriving there was 17 people there. Yes I am not kidding you....everybody is all smiles, having a good time...so what do ya do? I didn't want to be the bad guy. I will say that guy has not been invited back, and he has asked, and I just say "not this weekend".

Recently another friend asked if he could "come out for his birthday and fish for the day"...of course I said sure. A few days later he stated his brother was coming as well to enjoy his birthday too. Then next his brother's wife wants to come, and then the wife now wants to bring some grandchildren.

Look I know we have these places to enjoy with our friends and family....and it's certainly not too much fun sitting at the pond all by yourself 52 weeks a year....but good grief it just seems like people don't get it.

I don't wanna be rude or scare people off. How do you guys diplomatically handle invited guests inviting more guests?

In the big picture it doesn't happen that often, so maybe it's really not worth worrying about?

Trying to avoid this...lol

(this isn't actually my place)

Fishing has never been about the fish....