Originally Posted By: Sunil
Seeing as we've kept it pretty simple, what you you all think about "Freedom of the Press" in this day an age?

I ask from the angle of what exactly is the 'press' these days? Most any kind of media or 'news' is from for-profit institutions, and some organizations are about as large as they can get.

Por ejemplo, CNN is owned by Time Warner.

If I was to use the same logic as progressives use for the 2nd Amendment, I'd guess we'd have to say the 1st Amendment is outdated, right?

We are told that the founders didn't have semi auto firearms, there was no smokeless powder, they did not have magazines...

Well the founders didn't have internet, radio, TV...

Using this nonsensical form of logic, free speech should only include the newspaper and the spoken word, poppy cock!

Free speech is free speech and the right to bear arms is the right to bear arms. If the founders had wanted limitations on these rights they were plenty smart enough to have written limitations in for the times they existed in. If some of us disagree with these limitations on the Federal Government then we can gather the votes and Amend the Constitution just as it was designed to be Amended. Those votes don't exist though so people twist twist twist the meanings of words.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.