Originally Posted By: RC51
I have a 1 acre pond and I basically fish on the weekends only but not every weekend and I still have catch problems. The bigger your fish get the harder they are to catch.... Once you caught them a few times it gets even harder. You got to remember to switch things up. Keep em guessing.

For example even my CNBG the big ones get smart. I will fish near the feeder sometimes with a bug on a fly rod. Maybe catch one or 2 then I will throw some fish food in there and they will blow up on it! All kinds of fish there they just don't want what I am tossing... Same with LMB. I know I have bass from 13 inches to 20 or 21 inches but I have so much good baby BG for them it's hard to get them to bite. It can be a challenge at time specially at certain time of the year. Now in spring cause I don't have as many BG yet from spawn I can catch LMB much easier. A lot of things factor in. So really you can fish ALL you want that's not the problem.... it's the catching of the fish that's the problem. And it changes all the time. I would not fish a 2 acre pond more than 1 to 2 times a week and be careful as to how many fish I catch. Like you said it is hard to stop once they are biting!!! But if you fish it real hard and have a great time then I would give it an entire week or so before I fished it again that's just me tho.

RC

Sorry for digging up an older thread but i have similar issues with a 3/4 acre pond. I throw different lures in key areas and usually no bites. Throw some pellets in and almost instantly bass are gorging on them. Hard to keep track of how many big bass you have until it's pellet feeding time.