Originally Posted By: ewest
You guys sound like EPA - everything is connected so we can control it. Having worked in this area for 30 years I could tell you some shocking stories. Like the guy who was threatened with fines and jail because he dug a postholes for a fence in his back yard.

I have to agree Sir. It seems this nation is at a crossroads where two people's exist, the Statist's and the Rugged Individualist's.

For the life of me I don't understand why the tool developed to make the two sides get along cannot be used. The Constitution has a clear roadmap on how to handle our water and environment issues. There is no EPA in this document so it is illegal to have one. There is a tool within the tool to have an EPA, it's called an Amendment. The Statist's do not have the votes for such an Amendment so the rule of law has been broken for their convenience. This Nation has continued to break the rule of law for all manner of other causes but I'll stick to the topic at hand.

Under our Constitution we have the individual State to handle EQ and if two States have a dispute we have the courts. It's really quite simple and if one side or the other wants another solution, get the votes for an Amendment and change it. This exact recipe has been followed for a number of other Amendment's but some just want what they want and they want it now so we find ways to change the meaning of law for instant gratification.

I keep reading Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution and for the life of me the EPA is not mentioned once as an enumerated power of the Federal Government. Statist's will say that the commerce clause makes it viable but Statist's seem to find NO limit to the commerce clause.

Ah well, back to my man made pond which was built on land that has NO fish in it indigenous to the actual land it was built on. Hmm any man made pond, that has fish added to it, has not one fish indigenous to the actual land that the new pond was built on. twist twist twist the law till you get what you want. I really like MI, we have as clean of water as the people who live here want. When I'm not happy about that I'll just move to another State that is up to my standard. It's so damn simple.

I just got a new pond, I made it twice because I aint so bright.