I would agree with that sprkplug. If on ground that turns soft after a rain and they fall over, it will take the loader and a chain to upright.

Something I never did to my weight boxes, but still think is a good idea, is to get a stout piece of drawbar material and make a hitch on the back. Or better yet a long weld on receiver tube. It would need to be tied in to the 3pt so it would not just not rip the back plate off. Now a person would need to use some judgement in its use and not overload it or do something stupid. But it is surprising how many times a person needs to move a light trailer or log splitter or whatever but doesn't want to have to hook and un hook the weight box. If a person filled it up above this drawbar with concrete (even if he left the top open as a caryall box) it would stiffen up the light gauge box so it should be ok.

What brought this idea up was my forever hooking and unhooking my box blade for that very reason. Maybe I only wanted to move my log splitter, or paddle boat trailer or two wheel trailer to mow around. I use my box blade as my rear counterweight. Once I welded a 2"receiver hitch recepticle to the box blade, I rarely have to remove it to do light duty trailer moving. Plus the 3pt is hydraulic up down so I rarely even need to touch the screw jack on any trailer. Handy as a pocket on a shirt. Keep a receiver stub with a hole and one with a ball around handy. Also welded a chain grab hook to the top of the receiver, so if I need to drag a limb or something with a chain I can adjust the length right there at the hooking point.

Every loader bucket I have also has two chain grab hooks welded right on the bucket at the point of the upper quick tach points where the bucket is stoutest and all the pull comes from. Would not own a loader bucket without grab hooks on it. Chain lifting length adjustment and lift point right where you need it. Not osha approved so don't do somethign stupid though. Makes hauling long logs or limbs easy. Use to pull fence posts, etc. Lift up weight boxes that have fallen over. grin

Last edited by snrub; 02/26/17 02:15 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine