there have been several good posts lately of folks lucky enough to have an empty pond (clean slate) and are getting ready to put the first things in. Some are finding out that they get their mind made up and then learn something else and everything goes back into confused/planning mode all over again.

once something is in, usually it never comes back out.

I get the sense now when I drop something in the water that I must know how someone feels when they just backed up all their computer files, pictures of their kids from childhood, all their financial records, etc and they are getting ready to wipe their computer clean to do a fresh install. The little blinking cursor, a message that says, ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO DELETE ALL YOUR FILES? THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE!! and you sit there for a few minutes, sweat on your brow and your mouse hovering over the yes, and you just can't get the courage up to hit yes....

That is how we should feel when we get ready to bucket stock something we found in the culvert nearby, or caught in a nearby creek. smile smile

There always is a backup plan (backup on multiple devices with computers and stress goes away) and for pond plans that go awry, you can always nuke, drain, dig out, let it dry out, refill, and start over.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 02/17/17 01:00 PM.