I'll post a pic later today. I'm fairly certain he'd be all over a crawfish in a second if I dropped them in but I can't get any this time of year. He's always loved them and I think they say 80% of their diet is crawfish.

Part of the problem is he's just too damn big for the tank. He's got 10ish bait fish in there but it seems like if he ever lunges at them, he's about to hit his head and they're too fast. They grow fairly quick.

I've also got a turtle tank that I put in 10 ish largemouth fry in. Those guys are probably 6-8 inch and pellet trained (never got the SMB trained and he was larger at arrival).

Yeah, I worry about survivability as well. I did just mention to my son today that we need to release him this year in the pond and he said ok right away so I think he realized the necessity of it.

Originally Posted By: challenger74
Wow that's a big fish! Please post a pic of it if you get a chance. Not sure what it is about shrimp and krill but I will for sure try it for bait this year. Will it eat pellets at all? Also I have to wonder how well it will adapt when or if you let it go? Especially since it doesn't seem to be as interested in live food