I am still flip flopping on how to stock my little pond this spring. I'm not trying to win any trophies, but rather maintain a fun place to fish without excessive amount of work. I know, I want my cake and eat it too.

One of the questions I need answered to help with my decisions is...

What are the differences in fishing/catching pellet trained fish versus naturally fed fish?

I love to fish with spinners of all sorts, top water poppers, lures in general. I certainly do not want to spend all the money and effort feeding hybrids if I have to fish with fish food and panty hose (not that there is anything wrong with that). The advantage would be the size of fish in the pond and reduced overpopulation problems.

Do pellet fed fish hit artificial lures the same as naturally fed fish? If it's a minor difference, I'll consider feeding hybrids, but I'm not giving up my tackle box for treble hooks and creative ways of keeping damp fish food on the hook.

OK, I'm rambling...I'm so excited about my pond I could type for ever and imagine every one just hanging on every word.

Thanks in advance,

Fish on!,
Noel