Thanks for the bg spawning info Ewest, good to know. Yesterday I decided to test the cnbg out and so I fished (from a boat) a couple of hrs for the bg. Using light tackle and a float with 1/32 jig head and pearl white Gulp wax worms. My first was a 9" cnbg at one of the feeders. That was the only large one I caught. and I have a lot that size. The bigger ones are smart and not caught so easily. I caught fish all around the pond in most every size, down to 4". Only a few of the larger ones looked to have what I might call an egg sack or extended belly. Smaller ones were caught in the water less than 2' and the larger fish were in the 3 to 4' depth or deeper. The majority of these looked to be female. I am no expert when sexing but I caught few (sure enough) males out of maybe 50 plus fish caught. Does that mean the males were guarding nest? I did manage to catch a few 5" res in 2' depths. Not sure if that means anything or not. This is just a fishing report. I was looking to see if they might be nesting but after the fishing trip, I am still not sure if nesting was going on. I did not spend a lot of time in one spot but was looking at the whole pond.

Last edited by TGW1; 02/14/17 09:49 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy