Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
John I didn't work on your project to completion, so I'm not aware of the details other than what you've posted to the forum. Per my post I am identifying 3 projects where polymer floated - did your product float? IIRC you applied a pail of product, which is either 1/4-1/2 a unit, and worked directly with Aquaben regarding application method and strategy. Polymer must remain hydrated to remain activated - if water level is allowed to drop below the leak that's going to be a problem once refilled - not sure if that occurred here or not. Constant head pressure also seems to be a key for sealing. In terms of success, I consider anything over 50% reduction a success. Entirely possible your expectations for your investment may have been a tad assertive? At any rate I go to great lengths on the forum and during my volunteer consultations to manage expectations - one critical element is reiterating and stressing the detail that multiple applications may be necessary and it's not a silver bullet. All data on this product is important for us to share as we're still in the preliminary research stages, so thanks again for sharing your pail project results.

Yes, much of it floated to the bank in the slightest breeze. Dead calm when applied. Slight breeze came up. Throwing Bentonite on it made it sink better, but not enough. It helped for a while, and then leaked the same after a few months. I kept the pond near full as long as I could after application....5 months. Since then it has dropped to 38 inches below full pool, then back up to 9 inches below full, now dropping again in our extreme drought. Today we have near 70 degrees with high winds and humidity 40%. Not good.