Thanks , that is very interesting.

I can tell you I do notice a lot of night time feeding with several of the fish species I have discovered in the pond. I know that snook are nocturnal feeders , one night saw a snook nosed up into some grass stalking something and had its back completely out of the water.

During the spring and summer months I can walk around the banks in the morning see flounder impressions in water only inches deep from the night before. I have walked the banks at night with a flash light and seen them laying in the shallows waiting to ambush something.

I have heave read that Mangrove snapper and tarpon are also nocturnal feeders and often have the best luck seeing activity in very low light.

The one thing that does make them more active during the day light is when I am delayed resetting the feeder time once the days get long and the time changes. They tend to circle around looking for a meal. I will often see a tarpon "Roll" after something. They tend to strike with an upward sideways roll. It produces a nice silver flash when they do it, its really cool to watch. You don't see them then all of a sudden this big silver flash and you know something got nailed.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia