Figured I would break this up a little. So after a few weeks the fish started adapting to everything, much more so than I would have ever thought. I have always heard and read (not so such from here) that SMB were the smaller more sensitive frail etc. cousin of the LMB. So I was expecting a challenge with trying to keep it in an aquarium. Not to brag but for about 5 years I bred Angel fish for local pet stores. Anyone who knows anything about these fish know how hard they are to keep let alone breed. The end result? This fish is Quite possibly the most adaptable easiest to care for fish I have ever kept. It almost acts like a dog (as you will soon see). Compared to all the tropical fish that I have kept it is way more adaptable. large temp changes, adding large amounts of salt, adjusting PH levels, after a day it is completely fine to whatever I do. Unfortunately I am far from a scientist and I know nothing I have done follows the scientific method but my conclusion on this fish species is that it is far more adaptable than most people think.