To add a little bit to this conversation:
Yes, this would make a good story for Pond Boss magazine. I'm interested in that.

Regarding the fishery, I'll sum up what everyone is telling you via their words and links.

1) You need some bass to minimize bluegill reproduction to decrease survival rates and competition for food among bluegills.
2) Stunted bluegills (or any fish, for that matter) won't grow to its potential.
3) Just because a fish is "stunted" doesn't mean it will have "stunted" babies. It won't. "Stunting" from overcrowding is not inherited. It's environmental.
4) Adding new bluegill is a good idea to get young blood into the system.
5) Start a supplemental feeding program with a good quality feed, once water temperature is above 60 degrees. You'll soon see the "feed hogs" coming on a regular basis. Those fish have the best potential to reach your goals quickly.
6) Seining isn't a good idea. But, trapping is. You can set several traps. Both bluegills and bullheads readily come to baited traps.
7) Stock redear sunfish. I noticed yellow grubs in your bluegills. They'll help minimize that.
8) As you feed and cull, you'll start seeing a percentage of bluegills outgrowing the rest. Those fish are your best fish...for that pond. Keep them in the pond. If you're really serious, weigh and measure bluegills as you go to figure out body condition, so you'll absolutely know when fish of certain lengths are out-performing other fish of that size.
9) This is a cool project. Keep good records of what you stock, what you cull, when you do it, etc. You'll benefit quite a few people with a good set of records that can be produced into a story for the PondBoss magazine. The editor or one of his staff can readily help you with putting together the story. PS - Take a few before, during, and after pictures.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 02/07/17 12:32 PM. Reason: added a postscript.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...