I will definitely be as choosy as possible when it comes to selecting some additions to the pond, not only in terms of bass but all fish.

My two oldest sons and I added a small cedar tree for cover in the 7-13' drop off yesterday and I took a few pictures of my inlet and outlet.

This is the outlet of the upper pond which feeds my pond

A good friend is a civil engineer specializing in green methods to reduce sedimentation and improve water quality. He has suggested adding a shallow settling basin at the inlet and line it with as much rock and gravel as possible to help control any erosion and siltation.

This is the standpipe along my dam - it took a while to find as it is nearly impossible to see from the ice

Here is the outlet from my dam

We added this cedar tree to provide some overwintering cover - the pond is completely void of any cover deeper than 5'

There were no signs of the large bluegill I bucket stocked being belly up, not to say they didn't sink and aren't sitting on bottom haha

If all goes well I will either be ice fishing the pond later this afternoon to remove stunted fish or bucket stocking some more large bluegill from other private ponds.

Mat Peirce
1.25 acre southeast Iowa pond
LMB, BG, YP, WE, HSB, RES, BCP