Be extra careful to not crowd them into a hauling container. Just because a fish readily swims away does not mean it survives especially when it has been jaw jerked out of a pond and then held then transported. Often they will die of handling stress several days later and often not float. Based on your hauling capability, I would not haul more than a few at a each time. It is much better to have a few of them survive than have several die a latent death. Time, effort, and a quality bass was wasted.

Remember a bass typically eats a BG 1/3rd and less of its length. 1/3rd the length are normally the largest ones. Select bass that correspond to the length of your most common stunted BG. LMB 14" long are going to target 3"-4" actual measure forage BG. Do some collecting and measuring of your most common forage sizes then select your appropriate bass.

It is a big stressor for a bass to be jaw jerked, held, and transported to an entirely different habitat and overall water chemistry. Many never survive the transplant adjustment process despite not later floating. They are often bucket stocked later the owner says what happened to all those bass??? They grew up in one type of habitat and now have to adjust with added stressors to entirely new location.

Remember it is best to hold and haul the bass in some salt water to maintain a healthy slime coat which protects them from disease, fungus, and parasites. Every pond has its own unique accumulated inherent set of latent disease, fungal spores, and parasites. There are past posts here about good amounts of non-iodized salt concentrations for hauling fish. I found this that I often use.

Add salt (non-iodine) 0.67 oz per gallon of water.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=307088#Post307088

Adding Salt to reduce fish hauling stress
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=207116

Last edited by Bill Cody; 01/30/17 07:17 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management