Greetings. Been lurking and reading for a little while and finally registered for an account. Hoping the many members can help guide me towards a solid plan for an HOA pond. I am at a basic level when it comes to nuisance plant ID, treatment options but willing to try and put forth effort.

The pond is about 1/2 acre pond, rock bottom, 6-7 ft max depth, has 1 inlet from a creek and overflow keeping the depth fairly consistent. It was drained and dug out last year due to sediment from upstream building/runoff. This construction has been completed 5-6 years ago.

There is no livestock in the pond outside of a few minnows that have traveled down the creek. The overflow concerns me with stocking since large rains nave a ton of water through and likely would take fish with it.

We had some algae issues and currently have some filamentous alge. Some chara was there last year.

Current plan of action and looking for thoughts, ideas, and guidance on everything.
We are looking at aeration. Hi-Blow LL-100 with 2 Matala diffusers and weighted line. I have used Crystal Plex (local store recommendation) for FA 1 time late last year. I have a 5 gallon back pack sprayer. Outside of that we have no chemical treatment and frankly has been very confusing with online research.

Will the Crystal Plex work ok or should I get Cutrine?
Do I need a surfactant like CideKick or Cygnet?
For algae that is closer to the bottom I assume I need Cutrine Granules are better?
Bacteria? Lost here, I understand necessary to help with excessive nutrients but is there a pack we could use?
Mainly looking to create something we could make a schedule, easy to apply and easy to find/buy supplies in case someone else manages the pond. Our main goal isn't fishing it is just a clear surface

Will see if I can upload some pics.

Last edited by Flyguy1821; 01/22/17 03:38 PM.