Thanks for taking the time to help me think thru this Bill. I know I have at least 3 LMB 16+ and one bigger than that. (Just a reminder to those that think 3 or 4 LMB is no big deal, Mutt Pond is on average only about 1/2 acre).

Based on fishing the summer of 2016 and visually observing the fish I saw while walking around the pond in the fall (once the bloom had died back and I could see), I have no significant recruitment from any species. The fish are definitely reproducing, as I do see many small fish in the 1 to 3 inch size, IMO you are correct and there is just too much predation. The vast majority of fish we've caught or seen were probably the original stockers. I do see a few LMB recruits in the 8 to 10 inch size class. I'm sure there must be at least a few recruits from the BG and YP but not enough to notice.

What do you think if I set my top 2 priorities in 2017 as removal of all CC caught and removal of all LMB 10 inches and over? My thinking (right or wrong) is the SMB, YP and WE do not have as much impact on the forage as the apex CC and LMB. Should I also harvest 14 inch or over WE and SMB?

What do you (or other members) think?

Last edited by Bill D.; 01/14/17 08:55 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!