Originally Posted By: DonoBBD
Nature is fascinating and every pond is different because there is so many variables. If your GSH were stocked the same time or even 6 months before and your perch were only 6-8" to start your going to be in great shape. We stocked this way and do not have near any over population after four years of yellow perch only.

Good to hear. Thanks, yes the GSH were stocked at the same time. The YP were actually quite a bit smaller than 6-8". The SMB and HSB went in several months later. I was concerned about finding SMB, so I took those when I could get them.
I'm hoping the pond, including the mass explosion of tadpoles will balance out in a few years. Hopefully I'll be able to catch small fish in traps etc, like everyone else.
This summer I'm going to try and get aeration started. That's going to be a pretty large project for me. Pond is 300 yards from the barn. No elec at the pond. Lots of research to do.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023