Beastman- I have never really came up with a certain goal for my pond and I have learned from here that I really need one so I can manage my pond. I'm not big on the bass fishing, so I can rule it out as my goal. Me and my dad have been talking some about this and I think we are leaning towards the crappie now. I know this isn't an ideal goal for a pond of my size but since the crappie are already present I'll never be able to get them out unless I start over from scratch and really not wanting to do this unless I have no other option because of over population. I don't know the exact date the crappie where stocked into the pond as no one lived around it until about 3 years ago when I put my house there. It was always a hangout for all my great uncles and their friends. I'm just guessing that within the first couple of years of them being stocked I filled up a 64 quart cooler of huge slabs. But ever since that fishing trip I don't think I've caught over 20 crappie each year now I don't know if anyone else was. I do know for a fact that over the last 3 years there hasn't been a large number of crappie a year caught. We fish fairly often for them. Now that I took a large number of bass out last spring I have started catching smaller crappie over the last few months. I'm still not catching them in large numbers Like I would think I would maybe 10 in the last 7 months. This weekend I'm sinking more Christmas trees in hopes that will give me a better chance at having them in a concentrated area.