Haven't posted in a while, been busy with family/work and and having fun. Hope this isn't to long, but thought it was very interesting so I tried it today. One of the ladies my wife has worked with for years, told my wife the first of December that her boyfriend and her bought 2 cut Christmas trees at local Rural King. They put one in house and kept it watered. The other they planted in their front yard. She told my wife that her brother-in -law has done this in past with the trees he used for his Christmas tree (6 years worth). I drove by the ladies house and seen the new tree and it looks great in her yard(green as can be and healthy looking). So by accident I was tell the guys at work about it and no one ever heard of doing it except for one guy, and he said that's funny you mentioned this replanting of Christmas trees because when I took my kids to buy our tree this year at the tree farm where you buy already cut or cut your own trees he asked the owner what he did with the cut trees he didn't sell. His answer was (I replant them) so my mind got thinking and I told my son to save his tree I wanted to try it this year. So we are going to get about 5 days of rain here in Indiana next few days so I just planted the tree he gave me(it has been sitting in about 6 inches of water at ponds edge since week after Christmas. I think they look great around pond landscape since they put no leaves in pond in fall. Just thought this was very interesting, because if it works I can get all I want free after Christmas each year and already 5 to 7 feet tall. I will post about every couple months on how tree is doing. Worth a try to me. PO