Originally Posted By: snrub
But even the Sportsmans Choice fed at 2 or 3 pounds per acre per day would likely add to the overall BG crop weight and therefore increased LMB growth compared to no additional supplemental feed.

Would that be a fair statement to make?

A person can get a lot of dollars tied up in fish food. 10 pounds per acre per day of feed that costs more than a dollar a pound on a two or three acre pond fed 7 or 8 months of the year is more than money than a lot of pondmeisters are willing to invest I would guess. That is over a ton of feed a year or over $2,000 for what is considered the best feed. More than I want to spend I know.

So then the question becomes, on a limited budget, does a person feed one pound per day of the "good stuff", or can a better "bang for the buck" be had at two pounds per day of the cheap stuff?

Inquiring minds want to know! grin

Would that be a fair statement to make? -- YES IT WOULD. There is always the question of good , better and best. That is what Bill and I are addressing.

So then the question becomes, on a limited budget, does a person feed one pound per day of the "good stuff", or can a better "bang for the buck" be had at two pounds per day of the cheap stuff? That is an issue addressed by many studies (species by species)in the field of commercial fish growout (for human or animal food consumption). They look at results per dollar cost but usually for one species i.e. catfish ponds or HSB ponds, not for recreational fish ponds.

Last edited by ewest; 01/06/17 11:35 AM.