Bill
This spring at ice out the goldfish were very hungry and even entered traps to get food. Later in the summer they would no longer go in traps. But they are pellet trained and always come to the same area at dinner time. I chum a little feed and can easily catch them with hook/line using corn or worms for bait. My goal is to get rid of the rest of the goldfish by doing lots of fishing for them early in the spring/summer. I probably won't get every one but we can get very close.

I had thought crayfish cleaned up on the vegetation but now I'm thinking goldfish. Hopefully plants will get a start this year.

With vegetation the GSH eggs should be more likely to succeed?, the PK shrimp can hide other forage may have a chance, etc.

I have had only one batch of YOY for RES and LES and their numbers remain very small. I imagine they are eating the perch fry as well.

With the YP I may not be able to re-establish FHM but then hopefully there will be young sunfish, other perch, and GSH to eat?

Perhaps this summer we'll put a few YP on the table and then introduce a non-reproducing predator.

Half the fun is learning as we go.