Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
Bill, it may be. I don't like the Christmas trees as well as cedars, but it sure is nice to have twenty somethings helping you load the trailer. Much better than cutting cedars out of fence rows all day.

Thanks Bill. IIRC, Cecil Baird had posted something like this or very similar. I thought it had merit, so I've been doing it the last 3 years.

For the posts, I use the $2 orange roadway markers. They're fiberglass, and wont break unless you try to. I tilted them in so the heron won't stand on the bottom on the pond side. It also helps keep them working when the water fluctuates.

It's just the cheapest 4'X50' plastic fencing I could get. It's got a 1" mesh, so I keep the bottom out of the water. It's rare, but it can catch smaller fish by the gills. Oh, zero herons when these are out.

Also, if you stand the fencing straight up, it's great in the fall for catching leaves before they get in the pond.

EDIT: canyoncreek, I'd pay $75 for a hundred in a heart beat. We use a lot of them around here. Thanks for that info.

I'll attach a link to probably the biggest online seller. You can buy 50, 100, 200 or even 4000 at a time in any color or a multi-color pack. If you buy WITHOUT the reflective tape they are about 50 cents a piece when bought in bulk.

I have no connection to the seller but just know price is right when you buy them at volume discount. Like you, I find all kinds of uses for them smile

Stakemaker1