Bill, I called the Sheriff and a Deputy came out and talked to me. Don't know about a report but maybe. I told him that I realized that as far as I was off the road, there wasn't a lot that they could do. My gate is about 250 yards from the public dirt road with a private road leading to my gate and a couple of neighbors. I guess we qualify as pretty secluded. Not a lot of people know that my place exists. That's what will make it easy for the thieves to drop by at their convenience.

This is my third situation in 30 years. About 10 years ago, I got hit for a 4 wheeler and 16 ft trailer to haul it on. I put a $500 reward in the local paper. That lead to info, arrest and recovery. Then, 2 years ago "they" stole two 4 wheelers that I thought I had camo'd and hidden back in the woods. I didn't get those back and I found that I was way over insured.

I replaced them with new ones and bought a steel shipping container.

As said, I'm getting a system called ring.com. I'm hoping it helps. I checked with several people who have it and like it. You guys might want to take a look at it.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/21/16 09:20 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP