I'm told soilfloc works best in warm water so looks like you will have to wait till water warms up next May or June and then can experiment with it in a shallow section of your pond where you can test its properties yourself. TJ (on this forum) knows more than me and has more experience with what the pond bottom feels like or acts like a year or more after treatment. HE has done dozens of projects like mine.

Walking does not seem to affect the top layer very much. But you have to remember, for this to work, it isn't like sealing a porcelain or porous bowl by putting a thin layer of paint over the pores. The veins of sand and gravel in the bottom of the pond need a 'plug' of this stuff (polymer plus attached silt and sand) to all work its way down the crack, using the pressure of the water above it to keep forcing it down the crack to fill in the crack. That is why sometimes I think it might take one or 2 applications to bring enough polymer and suspended soil down into the hold to plug the vein or rent.

If the soil on the bottom of your pond is mostly gravel or rocky then the soilfloc probably has a harder time filling all the potential holes.

You could talk to TJ about buying a bag or even a partial bag of part A and part B (one unit) mixing and experimenting.