aighead, thanks! No, banks aren't slippery anymore, but it took quite a while for that big pile of soilfloc that had washed out of the boat to dissipate or breakdown.

Once the soilfloc grabs suspended particles and clay silt and then compacts itself into a tight layer on the bottom you get much less silting. I find it very hard to drive sticks in by hand as you feel as if you are drilling through a rock hard top layer (I can only presume it is the compacted soilfloc)

yet, if you take a stick and scratch lightly the top layer does give a little poof of silt into the water. So probably the new layer of sediment is laying loosely on top of the under layer of compacted sediment.

This fall I had some drops that didn't make sense to me based on rainfall and the local water table being high. My big variable outside of evaporation now is the trees on each side of the pond. While I think the bottom is pretty well sealed (after 2 full pond applications) I do wonder how much water all the trees suck out of the pond at various times of the year.

I also have some new wet spots in my grass that I didn't have before closer to the house and uphill from the pond. I do wonder if since the low spot in the yard (the pond) is sealed, if the water table is pushing the water up at new places in the yard as the water veins find their own path. You never stop learning and wondering about these things.

I do wonder now if my new weeds/plants are not establishing like they did before because no seed can penetrate into that 'concrete' like surface and establish? I have some sedges and reeds that start on their own on the edge where I mow, but absolutely no vegetation whatsoever anywhere once I did the soilfloc...

Of course I also have (or did have) lots of hungry goldfish and possibly a few crayfish that could be eating the plants too smile