Hi All, Austin/aighead here from Dayton, Ohio.

This past May my girlfriend and I bought 6 acres of land on the west side of Dayton and it came with it's own little pond. My goal, in the long term, is to convert it from a poorly constructed hole in the ground, that doesn't hold water very well, to a beautiful, smallish, Japanese inspired swimming hole.

As I was searching around looking at how difficult that goal will be to manage I found the Pond Boss forums and I'm very pleased to see all the useful (overwhelmed perhaps) info and helpful members. I expect over the next few years I'll be asking tons of questions and sharing progress as I make it.

The below is what my pond looked like upon moving in, currently it's only about 6 inches deep, maybe, and covered in a sheet of ice. The 2nd picture is what it appears it looked like presumably a few years back when Bing took the picture. I haven't seen it that deep but it was well into spring when we moved in.

Thanks for having me!

Attached Images
pond.jpg pond2.jpg

Snort Coffee is a podcast about goofy stuff. Hope to add ponding to my list of hobbies.