I about choked when I read in their stocking kit that for a 1/4 acre pond they figure 100 catfish would be good!!! If that is really how they sell their fish kits they really should include a free gallon of rotenone (the agent of choice needed to kill everything in the pond and start over) This will be needed sooner or later once the 100 catfish take over everything else!!

There are tons of posts on PB about where catfish fit in the scheme of stocking but I would say the majority of the folks wish they could get them out or at least control them from being the apex predator.

To really know what in the stocking kit is helpful or not helpful you have to let us know if your goal is a BG heavy pond with the goal being large BG, or your goal is to grow large LMB. If so then you need to have think about the forage base for LMB and how to control LMB numbers.

Several on this forum are experimenting with SMB as the apex predator in a small pond and are finding advantages to SMB over LMB, but it appears that is not an option at your fish seller's web page.

If you truly have the luxury of having a pond that is a blank slate, please ask for your money back and explain that you want to stock your pond in stages.

Spend the next growing season doing forage, forage forage. I can't speak to daphnia or snails except to say that I have invasive ones in my pond and wish I didn't. The native snails will find their way to your pond in most cases and therefore many people source a small number or RES or pumpkinseeds to help keep the snails in check and to give variety in sunfish angling. The RES are not as prolific either so are a bit easier to manage (although harder for young people to catch).

Plan your forage base, FHM for sure with structure for them to survive in, GSH should be OK, search for other forage lines that won't survive if you stock them later (due to predators being in place) and get them in now. Research all the different types of shiners, mudminnows, darters, dace, lake chubsuckers, etc.

Native crayfish are OK, but they can explode and erase any vegetation that might be establishing and without predators you then might have a barren, muddy pond till predators go in (down the road). Crayfish might be OK to stock later.

We aren't trying to be critical, we are thrilled that you have the opportunity to do it in steps and want you to be one of the happy ones rather the ones that come and say I have too many of this or not enough of that, or too many stunted fish and really all we can do is tell you to nuke and start over...