If you have been following this thread you know I have been experimenting with managing a pond that fish are typically saltwater species but have a wide range of salinity tolerance. Much like the salmon we are all familiar with. I have a freshwater holding pond set up so I can better see the results of the initial acclimation to fresh water.

I have ruled out blue fish and Speckled sea trout as one that would have success in a fresh water pond. They just don't hold up in the pure fresh water for long but seem to do fine with very little salinity. Actually the blue fish survived longer in fresh water than the Sea trout which is surprising.

The fish that seem to do the best are
Snook, tarpon Southern Flounder.

Mangrove snapper, redfish and Jack crevalle seem to be viable candidates too. Still waiting to see how they perform in a small freshwater pond over time.

I just wanted to give an update and say I have given up on the Sea trout and the Blue fish was a shot in the dark that came closer to working than I thought they would have. The Blue Fish survived about 6 hours in fresh water before it would succumb to zero salinity. The trout seem to fade right as the salinity approaches zero .

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia