Rebuck, I work with Bentonite most days. Spreading bentonite can be done by many ways. If you want to add it to a pond that already has water, I would suggest u blend up a very thick viscus slurry and then pump it to the area u need it. Add the slurry close as u can to the bottom of the pond by where u can pump volume with low pressure. I am not sure u would get much benefit by just adding it to the waters surface and letting it settle to the bottom of the pond, unless it was added to very shallow water depths. Bentonite is a clay that usually comes in a very fine particle size and adding it to the water surface, I would think it would just float at the surface for a while and the wind or wave action would or might disperse it to thin for a layer on the bottom for little benefit. It would work great if it could be added on the ponds bottom before water is introduced. If u want it to go right to bottom , one can add Barite to the thick slurry where the slurry can be weighted up much heaver than water. And will give a much thinner layer of clay. I am not sure what the effects of barite would do to the fish, I don't think it would harm them if it was not added in excess.

Last edited by TGW1; 12/03/16 09:28 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy