Well, to offer an update, once the algae died off, so did the fish frown . I first saw them piping for air a week ago last Friday and by that Sunday they began to surface. A complete kill I don't know, I just know the sad sight of seeing so many floaters. I can only guess that for as bad (and thick) as the algae had gotten, once it died off, which was within a week, it caused an O2 crash. It's unbelievable how quickly the pond digressed once I removed the aeration system!

As I had made my decision to not renew my lease in March due to my violent and unstable landlord/Trustee (I hate to give him that much credit calling him a landlord), he showed up on Sunday and completely lost control. Luckily my son and a friend's dad was here or I might not be. Not much scares my son but when you see someone with so much rage you just don't know what they're capable of. This has happened too many times but that was the last one. I'm out!

On Monday morning a guy whom I had met before, also affiliated with this farm (but not a part of the Trust) showed up at my office telling me Jim (the Landlord/Trustee) had admitted he was out of control and asked that he take over the leasing of the farm from here on out. Where was he 2 years ago??? He then asked "what are your main concerns?" I told him that 1. I never see or hear from that man again and that he does not step foot on this property until I leave and 2. that he agree to sign a lease termination agreement. To both he said "done!".

He offered two words: "Thank you and I'm sorry". Thank you for what you've done at the farm, and I'm sorry about Jim and that you had to deal with him. Admitting he's unstable, violent and just shy of crazy. Really?

Unfortunately there's nothing left for me here. That man has caused me so much grief and heartache, that for as much as I love this place I can't stay. Just driving through the gate over the past 3 months has been unhealthy for me. And it's such a shame.

As I thought I had until March to find an acreage I had an offer accepted on a home in a small town just a mile from my folks. They're in their late 70's and with dad's dementia progressing it was the right move for me at this point, and they couldn't be happier. So my acreage/pond plans will have to be put on hold for a few years and that's okay. I'll be close to help the folks and It'll give me time to plan and find the right place. But I sure will miss it!

Since I don't close until December 9th, I've moved everything to dad's outbuilding and will stay with them until closing. I'm not excited about moving twice but it will also give me time to get the new home ready and the folks will enjoy my company and cooking while I'm there smile.

Over the past 4 1/2 years this place has offered and provided me more pleasure and happiness than I can describe, and I have no regrets whatsoever. From learning about a pond ecosystem to all the work and effort I put into cleaning this place up to what it has become. My greatest and most satisfying accomplishment was of course the pond, satisfying all the goals I set out to accomplish and I owe it all to PB, the forum and all the incredibly generous members who helped and guided me along the way. Also, had it not been for the great people on this forum I would not have gone on the adventure of a lifetime last year. 5 weeks traveling and fishing across the country with Fatih and meeting so many generous and wonderful PB members that I now call friends. Truly an epic adventure that I can still recall nearly every minute of from the time I left Lincoln.

As it's a very busy time right now I will still be checking in periodically, reading and learning more and trying to stay in touch.

Thank you, thank you all for all you do so selflessly for so many!

Much love and blessings and happy holidays to you all!

Keith - Lovin Livin!

The end of Croakers Creek but memories for myself and many others to last a lifetime!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES