Bill, thanks for weighing in on the ID of that fish. When I first caught it I wasn't sure if it was my first sighting of a surviving LCS or not. AT that point I had never seen my LCS again since stocking and had no idea how big they would be. Later I caught the larger LCS which when I researched online seemed to match pictures of other mature LCS.

So for the first one, I have no idea. I only stocked FHM and GSH, but they came from the travelling bait truck that came to our local baitshop. I bought several bulk bags of FHM and GSH. I imagine it could have gotten in through that mechanism. The bait per the bait shop man has its origins back into a larger bait outfit in Minnesota but I can't be sure of that.

I'm not sure the bait truck would have special shiners that they sell at the same time like spotfins? If it is a spotfin, then I wish they would have given me more than 1 so I can try to get a stable population going smile

I did wonder about the various types of suckers but the mouth on that top fish isn't quite right.

I can go back and try to look at the date the picture was taken but I'm pretty sure this fish went in my traps right at ice out when it seemed that all the fish were really hungry and even the goldfish were readily going into traps. That activity stopped once the water warmed up. So I think these are early ice out colors. Actually now that I look again, you can see the winter look to the grass in the background of the picture that has the LCS, that was the one at ice out. Behind the top picture is green grass so I can't really say what month it was till I get home and check the dates on my pictures.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 11/16/16 08:09 AM.