Thanks for the additional insight Dave!

In my 35 years as an engineer I have run hundreds of DOEs (Design of Experiment) and I can honestly say I don’t recall one that has more variables than this potential one. Let’s see there’s trap color, soak time, species, trap config, trap coating, type of BOW, water clarity, water temp, time of day, weather conditions, bait used, water depth, vegetation present, and on and on……..It goes on forever! I’m throwing up my hands and just going to trap the little guys with my galvanized Gee traps; they work for me good enough. I accept I might catch a few more on a given day under the exact right conditions with something else….

First analogy that comes to mind is it's like trying to come up with the best bait to catch bass...well it depends on.....and besides, the Bass Pro Shop catalog and shops would be boring with only one bass bait! smile

My thanks to everybody that provided inputs. I suspect you've saved me a lot of frustration trying to sort out a very complex problem by attempting to apply a simplistic approach when it is impossible to prevent uncontrolled variables from creeping into the study.. I think there is enough data already that says a galvanized trap works "pretty good."

Last edited by Bill D.; 11/15/16 08:15 PM. Reason: After thought

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!