Cool video. I have to admit, I watched it thinking I might have hunted or fished around there in the past. My father in law used to teach and then ran the adult Ed at the vo-tech school in Chillicothe. In 1977 when I was dating his daughter, he took me fishing in several ponds around Chillicothe. Plus he had English setters, and he took me quail hunting on several farms around Chillicothe also. Sadly he passed away several years ago. My mother in-law still lives there, but I've only hunted around there a few times in the last several years, and haven't fished around there in more than 15 years. He sure got me hooked on farm pond fishing, and I wanted my own pond ever since.
Thanks to the guys here, I'm pretty happy with the results of our pond build two years ago.
Don't know if you are going to follow the typical Missouri stocking plan of BG, LMB, and CC, or something different. I decided on RES, YP, SMB, and HSB for my stocking plan. We ate another 20 YP this weekend. Caught while taking a break from the deer hunt.

Welcome to the forum, by the way. I'm looking forward to following along on your construction.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023